All about the complete troubleshooting to fix a minor and major issue on TracFone Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro to save time, money and trouble of looking for professional help.
As the owner of Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro, it is essential for you to master each feature of the phone. You also need to know the basic troubleshooting action that you do when dealing with a minor issue with the phone.
Basic troubleshooting, as the name stated, is the basic action you can do to fix whatever problem with the phone. When the phone starts acting out, perform these basic troubleshooting actions to fix it. This way, you don’t have to ask for help from a technician, which will cost you time and of course money.
Basic troubleshooting for Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro consists of Safe Mode, Recovery Mode and wipes cache partition. Each of these basic troubleshooting actions will help you to deal with a specific issue on the phone. Read on to find out more about them
Download: Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro User Manual
Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro Safe Mode
Boot up Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro into Safe Mode is the first troubleshooting action you need to know. In Safe Mode, the 3rd party app installed on the phone will be disabled temporarily. It gives you clue whether any performance issue on the phone happens because there is a troubled 3rd party app or not.
A 3rd party app that was poorly built or didn’t fit well with the system will disturb the flow, thus causing a problem with the phone performance. When you boot the phone into Safe Mode and the phone works exceptionally well, it shows you that one of those 3rd party apps is causing trouble and you need to disable or uninstall it to fix the problem.
Now, to boot Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro into Safe Mode, please follow the guide below:
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro. Just hold the Power button and select the “Power Off” option.
- Press and hold Power button until Samsung logo appear on the screen.
- This is the tricky part. When Samsung logo appears on the screen release Power button and press Volume Down button immediately. Fail to do this mean you phone will boot back to normal mode and you have to repeat the process all offer again.
- Keep pressing Volume Down button until the phone finished it boot up process and you see the home screen is on.
- Notice the “Safe Mode” text written on the bottom left of the screen, which means the attempt to boot into Safe Mode was a successful one.
In Safe Mode, run the entire phone’s feature and function. Does everything work as it should be? Does the performance issue that shows up in standard operating mode make its appearance in this mode as well? If everything runs well, you got a troubled 3rd party app on the phone and you just need to decide which one of it and get rid of it right away. If the same problem still shows up, you need to work on the other troubleshooting actions.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro Recovery Mode
Recovery Mode gives you the freedom to perform different kind of troubleshooting action that you can’t do from standard operating mode because that option is not available from that operating mode or because the phone won’t boot at all.
To boot Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro into Recovery Mode, please follow the guide below:
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro. Press and hold Power button and select the “Power Off” option.
- Now, press and hold Power, Volume Up, and Home button in the same time.
- Keep pressing until you see the “Recovery Booting” written on the top of the screen and then release your hold on those buttons.
- Wait until the booting process is complete. During the booting, you may get message that warn you that the phone is entering “Recovery Mode”. Choose to continue with this process.
- Now you enter the Recovery Mode menu. Use Volume button to navigate through the available menu and highlight the one that you wish to perform.
- Press Power button to select the preferred action.
- When you are done with this mode, reboot the phone back to standard operating mode by choosing “Reboot System Now” option.
Evaluate everything in standard operating mode. If the problem still bothers you, then you may want to consider taking a different route to fix it.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro Wipe Cache Partition
Wipe cache partition is the last part of basic troubleshooting action that you can work on your Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro. Wipe cache partition refer to the act of erasing the entire cache partition. This particular action will clear any issue on the phone that happen because of bad and corrupted cache.
Here is the deal. The phone needs cache data so it can load an app or open your favorite website faster. But the amount of cache data will double overtime and it will crowd the entire system. That is not all, the cache data could get corrupted and it will make things get worse.
The logical solution is to wipe cache partition to clear the corrupted cache. Since cache data is only temporary data, you don’t have to worry about losing any valuable data. The system on the phone will rebuild a new and clean cache data so there is no risk of doing this. You can perform this action as often as you want as a prevention action.
To wipe cache partition on Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro, please follow the guide below:
- Boot your Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro into Recovery Mode. In Recovery Mode, you have the access to perform wipe cache partition action.
- In Recovery Mode, the touchscreen is not working. Navigate your way through the menu by using Volume button.
- Use Volume button to move between the menu and highlight “Wipe Cache Partition” option.
- Press Power button to select this option and wait for the process to complete.
- When it’s done, find the “Reboot System Now” option and use Power button to choose it. It should bring the phone back to standard operating mode.
Safe Mode, Recovery Mode and wipe cache partition is the basic troubleshooting action that you really need to know. Use one or perhaps all of them to fix whatever issue that plague your phone.
If the problem still persists, then you obviously need to work on different thing. But make sure to perform the basic troubleshooting first. It will help you to deal with minor issue or at least point you in the right direction.
Familiar yourself with this basic troubleshooting by giving it a try. This way, when the real trouble comes, you know exactly what to do and how to do it. When everything fails, consider taking a more dramatic action such as factory reset the phone or take it to a professional technician to get it fix.
✔ How to Force Restart a Frozen / Unresponsive Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro
✔ How to Fix Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro that Won’t Turn On
✔ How to Fix Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro that Won’t Charge
✔ How to Fix Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro Screen Won’t Auto Rotate
✔ How To Fix “Unfortunately Google App Has Stopped” on Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro
✔ How to Take a Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro