Learn about the complete troubleshooting to perform when dealing with a performance issue on Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime / Luna Pro where it can be done at home and have the problem solved in no time.
The proud owner of a smartphone such as Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime needs to know everything about the phone. Not only you need to know how it works its capability and its limitation, you also need to know how to deal with all kind of performance issue, at least a minor one.
You don’t have to work on some complicated troubleshooting actions that require you to work with the inner component of the phone or its software. What you need to know is the basic troubleshooting to get you started. Basic troubleshooting is the first thing that you can do to fix performance issue with the phone. When the phone starts acting out, perform these basic troubleshooting actions. It could help you greatly and in most cases, it will work perfectly.
Basic troubleshooting for Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime consists of booting the phone into Safe Mode, Recovery Mode and also Wipe Cache Partition.
Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime / Luna Pro Safe Mode
Safe Mode is a different operating mode. It looks exactly like the standard operating mode you use every day, but in Safe Mode the 3rd party app installed on the phone will be disabled temporarily.
A 3rd party app that was poorly built or didn’t fit well with the system will disturb the flow, thus causing a problem with the phone performance. When you boot the phone into Safe Mode and the phone works exceptionally well, it shows you that one of those 3rd party apps is causing trouble.
In this case, the logical thing to do is to get rid of the additional apps. Which app to get rid of? That is something you need to work on your own. If the problem shows up after you installed an app, then it is more likely that is the one you are looking for.
But first you need to boot Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime into Safe Mode by following the guide below:
- Power off your Galaxy J3 Prime. Just hold the Power button and select the “Power Off” option.
- Press and hold Power button until Samsung logo appear on the screen.
- This is the tricky part. When Samsung logo appears on the screen release Power button and press Volume Down button immediately. Fail to do this mean you phone will boot back to normal mode and you have to repeat the process all offer again.
- Keep pressing Volume Down button until the phone finished it boot up process and you see the home screen is on.
- Notice the “Safe Mode” text written on the bottom left of the screen, which means the attempt to boot into Safe Mode was a successful one.
Evaluate the phone performance in this mode. If everything runs smoothly and no sign of performance issue that show up in standard operating mode, you can be sure that the problem caused by 3rd party app.
Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime / Luna Pro Recovery Mode
If you can’t boot into the standard operating mode or you still dealing with the same problem in Safe Mode, booting the phone into Recovery Mode is next on the list. In this mode, you can work on different kind of things that could help you solve the problem such as wipe cache partition, factory reset, system updates and so on.
To boot Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime into Recovery Mode, please follow the guide below:
- Turn off your Galaxy J3 Prime. Press and hold Power button and select the “Power Off” option.
- Now, press and hold Power, Volume Up, and Home button in the same time.
- Keep pressing until you see the “Recovery Booting” written on the top of the screen and then release your hold on those buttons.
- Wait until the booting process is complete. During the booting, you may get message that warn you that the phone is entering “Recovery Mode”. Choose to continue with this process.
- Now you enter the Recovery Mode menu. Use Volume button to navigate through the available menu and highlight the one that you wish to perform.
- Press Power button to select the preferred action.
- When you are done with this mode, reboot the phone back to standard operating mode by choosing “Reboot System Now” option.
What options to take in Recovery Mode? That is depending on the problem and the possible solution. If you want to update the system to improve the performance, then go for the system update system but if you want to bring the phone back to its original factory state, choose factory reset option.
Booting the phone into Recovery Mode itself is not the solution for the problem but it gives you the access to do what is necessary to fix the problem. Even if you don’t have any idea which options to choose, at least you know how to access this operating mode on your Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime.
Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime / Luna Pro Wipe Cache Partition
Wipe cache partition is the last part of basic troubleshooting action that you can work on your Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime. Wipe cache partition refer to the act of erasing the entire cache partition. This particular action will clear any issue on the phone that happen because of bad and corrupted cache.
What makes this “Wipe cache partition” part of basic troubleshooting actions? You need to understand that the phone build cache data to load an app or open your favorite website faster. Cache data works great in general but when it gets corrupted, it will create problems.
How to solve those problems? Easy, just erase the corrupted data. No corrupted data to disturb the flow of the system means no more problem. It was that simple and since cache data is only temporary data, you don’t have to worry about losing real data and document stored on the phone. This action is perfectly safe to do and in fact, you can do this as often as you want.
Wipe cache partition can act as a solution to a problem and it also doubles as prevention action. It makes this simple act as an important thing you need to master.
To wipe cache partition on Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime, please follow the guide below:
- Boot your Galaxy J3 Prime into Recovery Mode.
- Use Volume button to move between the menu and highlight “Wipe Cache Partition” option.
- Press Power button to select this option and wait for the process to complete.
- When it’s done, find the “Reboot System Now” option and use Power button to choose it. It should bring the phone back to standard operating mode.
Wipe cache partition is a direct troubleshooting action that makes it different from the other two. It deals directly with the real cause of the problem while the other troubleshooting actions work differently, either by giving you some insight into the cause of the problem or give you the access to other solutions.
Despite the difference, Safe Mode, Recovery Mode and wipe cache partition is the basic troubleshooting action that you really need to know. You can fix the problem by using just one of it or perhaps all of them. But remember that these are only the basic troubleshooting actions. In a more difficult case, you may have to consult the problem with a technician who was better equipped to deal with it.