Learn the two methods on how to hard reset TracFone Alcatel ZIP from the Settings application on the phone and from Recovery Mode, a special operating mode that will give you the access to perform all sort of troubleshooting action including hard reset.
Hard reset refer to the things that will return the phone back to its original default factory setting and in the process, it will erase everything. It is a big thing to do so make sure you know exactly about it before you do anything.
Despite the risk, a hard reset is still a popular troubleshooting action. The user of the phone can take necessary precaution to avoid losing their precious data during the hard reset process. If you want to do a hard reset to the phone, you should also take the precaution where you have to back up those files first so you can retrieve them later.
When you already back up everything, it is time for the hard reset. Let’s start with the first method, the easiest one.
Method 1: Hard Reset Alcatel ZIP (Powered On)
- From the app drawer, tap Settings.
- On the Settings menu, find “Backup and Reset” option, then tap on it.
- Find “Factory Data Reset” option and then tap on it.
- Choose “Reset Phone” and then tap “Erase Everything” option that will shown up in the pop up warning message.
- Once the factory reset process is complete, the device will turn back on automatically.
But there are times when you can’t use the above method. A frozen or unresponsive phone is a possible cause of why you can’t use the mentioned method. In this kind of situation, boot the phone into Recovery Mode.
Method 2: Hard Reset Alcatel ZIP (Powered Off)
- Power OFF the phone first.
- Press and hold Power and Volume Up button in the same time until Alcatel logo shows up on the screen. At this stage, release Power button.
- When the device has enter Recovery Mode, then you can release Volume Up button.
- In the Recovery Mode, you can navigate through the available options by using Volume Up and Volume Down button, and to choose an option, you can use Power button.
- To hard reset the phone, highlight the “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” option and press Power button to select it.
- You need to confirm your action once more by choosing “Yes – delete all user data“.
- When the process is complete, choose “Reboot system now” option to bring the phone back to standard mode.
The entire setting of the phone has been set to default now, and you can retrieve your backup files and you are ready to go.