Find out all you need to know about how to fix Alcatel ZIP problems that include Safe Mode, Recovery Mode and wipe cache partition, what each of those things can do and how to perform it, so you can save time and money on the long run.
As the owner of Alcatel ZIP, it is very important for you to know the complete troubleshooting action that you can do when dealing with a major or minor issue with the phone. This way, you don’t have to panic when there is something wrong with the phone.
Basic troubleshooting, as the name stated, is the basic action you can do to fix whatever problem with the phone. When the phone starts acting out, perform these basic troubleshooting actions to fix it.
Basic troubleshooting for Alcatel ZIP is basically the same thing that goes for other smartphone. It consists of Safe Mode, Recovery Mode and wipes cache partition. Each of these basic troubleshooting actions will help you to deal with a specific issue on the phone. Read on to find out more about them
Alcatel ZIP Safe Mode
The first thing you need to learn in basic troubleshooting is Safe Mode. In Safe Mode, the 3rd party app installed on the phone will be disabled temporarily. It gives you clue whether any performance issue on the phone happens because there is a troubled 3rd party app or not.
Here is the deal. Additional apps works great because it act as a tool to help you do things that you like. But sometimes, a 3rd party app was poorly build or didn’t fit well with the system. When it happens, it will disturb the flow, thus causing a problem with the phone performance. If you find that the phone works exceptionally well in Safe Mode, it means that one of those 3rd party apps is causing trouble and you need to disable or uninstall it to fix the problem.
Now, to boot Alcatel ZIP into Safe Mode, please follow the guide below:
- While the phone is on, go to Home Screen.
- Press and hold Power button for a couple of seconds. Do it just like when you want to turn off the phone.
- When “Power menu” appear, tap and hold “Power Off” option.
- A warning message will show up that ask you whether you want to enter “Safe Mode” or not. Confirm this action by tap “OK”.
- Wait for the phone to boot into Safe Mode. Look for “Safe Mode” text written on the bottom left of the screen as the sign that you had successfully boot into Safe Mode.
While the phone is in Safe Mode, run the entire phone’s feature and function. Evaluate everything to find out if it works as it should be or not. If everything runs well, you got a troubled 3rd party app on the phone and you just need to decide which one of it and get rid of it right away. If the same problem still shows up, you need to work on the other troubleshooting actions.
Alcatel ZIP Recovery Mode
Sometimes, you can’t boot the phone into standard operating mode. If that is the case, how do you work on the problem?
You need to boot the phone into Recovery Mode. The process of booting the phone into this mode require very little source. It won’t load the firmware and obviously no app. It only loads the basic system and this is where you can do something to fix the problem with the phone.
To boot Alcatel ZIP into Recovery Mode, please follow the guide below:
- Power OFF the phone first.
- Press and hold Power and Volume Up button in the same time until Alcatel logo shows up on the screen. At this stage, release Power button.
- When the device has enter Recovery Mode, then you can release Volume Up button.
- In the Recovery Mode, you can navigate through the available options by using Volume Up and Volume Down button, and to choose an option, you can use Power button.
- Choose the language you want by using Volume Up / Down button and press Power button to confirm.
- After that, you can proceed with whatever things you wish to do, such as factory reset or wipe cache partition.
- When you are done with this mode, reboot the phone back to standard mode by choosing “Reboot System Now” option.
Evaluate everything in standard operating mode. If the problem still bothers you, then you may want to consider taking a different route to fix it.
Alcatel ZIP Wipe Cache Partition
Wipe cache partition is the last part of basic troubleshooting action that you can work on your Alcatel ZIP. Wipe cache partition refer to the act of erasing the entire cache partition. This particular actions work great to get rid of bad and corrupted cache.
Here is the deal. Cache data was used by the phone to load an app or open your favorite website faster. But the amount of cache data will double overtime and it will crowd the entire system. That is not all, the cache data could get corrupted and it will make things get worse.
The logical solution is to wipe cache partition to clear the corrupted cache. Remember that cache data is only temporary data. It means, when you wipe it out, it won’t affect the actual data you have. The system on the phone will rebuild a new and clean cache data so there is no risk of doing this. It also means you can do it as often as you want.
To wipe cache partition on Alcatel ZIP, please follow the guide below:
- First thing to do is to boot your Alcatel ZIP into Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Mode, use Volume button to move between the options and highlight the “Wipe cache partition” option.
- Press Power button to select this option.
- Wait for the process to complete and after that boot the phone back into standard operating mode by choosing the “Reboot System Now” option.
Safe Mode, Recovery Mode and wipe cache partition is the basic troubleshooting action that you really need to know. Use one or perhaps all of them to fix whatever issue that plague your phone.
If the problem still persists, then you obviously need to work on different thing. But make sure to perform the basic troubleshooting first. It will help you to deal with minor issue or at least point you in the right direction. When nothing works, a drastic action such as factory reset to bring the phone back to its default factory state is needed.
If it still not working, a trip to technician is in order. Perhaps there is problem with the firmware or even hardware malfunction. Those are the kind of problem that requires professional assistance.
✔ How to Force Restart a Frozen / Unresponsive Alcatel ZIP LTE
✔ How to Fix Alcatel ZIP LTE that Won’t Turn On
✔ How to Fix Alcatel ZIP LTE that Won’t Charge
✔ How to Fix Alcatel ZIP LTE Screen Won’t Auto Rotate
✔ How To Fix “Unfortunately Google App Has Stopped” on Alcatel ZIP LTE
✔ How to Take a Screenshot on Alcatel ZIP LTE